Sport Central Champions Club
Over the past fiscal year, 21 new Champions joined the Club with Champions Club contributions up 41% over the previous year. There were two virtual events held with the Chairman, Gene Principe, Honorary Chair, Paul Coffey, and Champions Club members with craft beer from Polar Park Brewing and a second video conference event with special guests Grant Fuhr, Charlie Huddy and Paul Coffey.
The Champions Club also partnered with Sherwood Park Minor Hockey Association for Hockey Day Welcome Back BBQ on August 28th. The day was filled with music, food and fun! They also collected new and used sport equipment for Sport Central.
Volunteer BBQ Lunch & Celebration
Thanks to all the volunteers and supporters who attended the BBQ on July 7th. We had an excellent sunny day with approximately 50 people attended. Loblaws donated the buns, burgers, plates and condiments. We could not do what we do without you! BIG THANK YOU!
Our summer operations were bolstered with help from the Government of Canada Summer Student Program. We were able to hire four fantastic individuals to work in the Bike Shop, Main Office and Warehouse. Thanks to Danielle Ross, Andy Giang, Brooke Poholka-Baldry, and Ramadan (Ray) Elkureji who helped us keep up with requests for bikes and other gear. Danielle has since returned to Dalhousie University and Andy to the University of Alberta.
Sport Central Casino – Helpers Needed
- March 18 & 19, 2022 at Century Casino Edmonton, 13103 Fort Road NW.
- If you are able to volunteer, please let us know.
Volunteer Help Wanted
Since our last newsletter, we had eight new volunteers join us in the Bike Shop and the Warehouse. They include bike technicians, equipment sorters, and a new van driver. Thank you for applying and deciding to join our team! Thank you to all our volunteers for offering your time and skills! We appreciate everything you do!
Can you spare a few hours a week? Do you like to tinker? Are you interested in helping children in need? We can use your help this Fall and Winter. The work never stops at Sport Central! Here are some tasks we always need help with:
- Duties include, but are not limited to, sorting through donated sport equipment from generous Edmontonians, shelving equipment, and boxing excess equipment. Training / Coaching will be provided.
- Duties include; repairing, harvesting parts, and cleaning of bikes. Training/Coaching will be provided.
- Duties are answering phones, interacting with clients and children, preparing and processing paperwork for outfitting. Training and support will be provided.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, picking up donated sport equipment at fire halls, police stations, and sporting goods stores. Training and support will be provided.
TEXT to GIVE